“You cannot buy the revolution.
You cannot make the revolution.
You can only be the revolution.
It is in your spirit, or it is nowhere.”
Ursula K. Le Guin
Demanding transformation projects can only be successful if they are carried by strong teams. High-performance teams are more than just highly motivated and talented employees in this regard – they are a complex social system. This system must be equipped with the right team players and leaders as well as suitable working methods and tools, clear communication, and the necessary competences.
WYZE Projects supports you in building and leading your high-performance teams, in particular in critical projects which have strategic implications. We combine the scrum-based methods of agile project management with classic approaches and extensive expertise in the communication associated with the project and focus on particularly effective drivers to make teams better and more efficient.
Vision, Goals & Values
High levels of performance only emerge when the energy is directed in a clear and focused manner. For high-performance teams this means that the goals and vision of the project are clearly communicated, and a lasting commitment can be fostered. In this regard the purpose should be just as clearly defined both within the team and among all relevant stakeholders.
This is particularly important to
- deliver future scenarios, clear up worries, and foster commitment
- ensure clarity and measurability as well as performance indicators and business cases e.g. and prioritise these in the correct manner
- avoid friction losses and hidden agendas.
High-performance teams are almost always required in critical, demanding and often conflict-laden contexts. In these contexts, communication must be direct, clear, and respectful even if critical topics must be clearly addressed. In this regard, the success of the team and with it the project goal must always remain the focus without singling specific individuals for blame. Project progress is discussed in short cycles and adjustments implemented quickly to achieve the project goals quickly and efficiently.
WYZE Projects supports the success of your high-performance teams by formulating a convincing project storyline, sharpening goals, and providing professional direction even when the going gets tough. In this regard we place particular value on:
- formulating and relaying a clear and convincing project vision
- defining related performance indicators or business cases
- ensuring direction and respectful communication as well as open feedback both inside and outside the team
- guaranteeing uniform interpretational patterns and avoiding communicative friction losses.
Processes, Structures & Leadership
The success of high-performance teams essentially depends on whether suitable structures and processes can be successfully established. The following factors are of particular importance:
- Clearly defined roles and responsibilities: everyone knowing their role and their tasks.
- Maximum stability of the team structure across all phases of the project: the team staying together as much as possible over the course of the whole project.
- Individual responsibility, individual initiative, and accountability: everyone should implement things themselves but also be allowed to make mistakes in doing this.
- Effective conflict management – clear and direct but always respectful.
- Effective decision-making process: things being prepared in such a way that a decision is ready to be taken, with that decision then being made quickly.
WYZE Projects has extensive experience at its disposal with regards to building processes and structures in the environment of time-critical and complex projects which have a substantial impact on the whole organisation. We connect agile and classic methods ensure efficient project start-up, the continuously high-level performance of the project team, and a resulting solution- and result-oriented approach. We support you in this regard in a number of tasks:
- Building efficient project and programme structures
- Implementing agile working methods and aligning with companywide process standards
- Coaching und qualifying team members as well as temporary project management
- Managing conflict and escalation or mediation with top management